Re: Making the Ciphertext String Itself Truly Random – The Conjecture.

On Feb 12, 10:58 am, biject <biject.b...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  This seems nonsense.  You give me a file that you think is random
that
has NO repeats at all and make the file at least 100,000 bytes
and I will supply a program to the Globe guy and it will with out
knowing the file in advance make it at least 100 bytes shorter

I goofed again. I realized I could save at least 100 bits not bytes
and since we right in byte I will write code to save at least 13
bytes.
the 100 bits was conservative so 13 bytes saves should be ok SORRY.

sense a file known to have no repeats is not RANDOM it can be
compressed to a smaller size by a general bijective  file compressor.
And yes I will supply the decompressor to.
  I hope you will learn anything from this but to think such a
file is random is to not understand what random is in my estimation.
But I think this was a weakness in enigma to during WWII.

David A. Scott
--
My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip

  • =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_Making_the_Ciphertext_String_It?= =?windows-1252?Q?self_Truly_Random_
    ... On 12/02/2012 17:58, biject wrote: ... has NO repeats at all and make the file at least 100,000 bytes ... compressed to a smaller size by a general bijective file compressor. ... this misconception from his understanding. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Does OTP need authentication?
    ... Worse yet if the attack knows the form of the message without knowing ... are they could be modifed without proper authentication a modifed message ... BWT type of compressor then the attacker would not know where in the ... My Crypto code ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Million Random Digit Challenge
    ... overwrite your original file with a file who is not 100% random ... I also made a similar mistake in the past, ... compressor on a 8 bit file, ... My Crypto code ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Bad news for Block Ciphers?
    ... >> This seems a little worrying... ... I've only taken a glance through it, ... compressor. ... My Crypto code ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Bijective - an explanation please?
    ... >Basically, if we look at a space of messages M, then a perfect compressor ... >This isn't really bijectivity, it's more like density, I suppose. ... A perfect compressor which would be also bijective is just a reodering ... My Crypto code ...
    (sci.crypt)