Re: This Improvisation Will Buy Time Alright But….

Formats are formats and there are many of them, all related to a
greater or lesser degree. Computers were born and not hatched so
there is legacy in all of them. I remember when keypunches went from
BCD to EBCDIC and I had to learn to do both. Even foreign computers
are tied to our past technology simply not because it was the best
thing going; it was the only thing going being according to today's
knowledge, slow, flawed, awkward. If you judge the future from the
past, things will change, evolve, create even more problems and
solutions, not necessarily together, while trying to placate a diverse
groups of users with sometimes conflicting goals. Standards aren't.