Re: Mathematicizing the One-Time Pad Cipher.

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:42:40 -0800 (PST), adacrypt
<austin.obyrne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I have failed to make the point also that the transformed
cipher that I am promoting is no longer an OTP per se and the same
rules do not apply any longer
Then I strongly suggest that you don't use titles like
"Mathematicizing the One-Time Pad Cipher" for your posts.

rossum

  • Re: Needle in a haystack--or is this just stupid?
    ... In practice, no OTP ... >> attack better than brute force and that brute force is infeasible. ... > no cipher can be trusted in practice. ... to mixing two unrelated algorithms together. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Updating the Historic OTP.
    ... The historic OTP is an adaptation of the Vigenere Cipher of the year ... The next step is a new adaptation of the Vigenere cipher in which the ... Vigenere square by means of its mathematical equation and then ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Needle in a haystack--or is this just stupid?
    ... In practice, no OTP ... >> no cipher can be trusted in practice. ... This is not a new attack model. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: QC-proof cipher?
    ... to conventional computation techniques, let alone quantum computing. ... one "secure" symmetric cipher too, ... One thing I wonder is people always say this about OTP but what ... is the difference between OTP and a NULL cipher. ...
    (sci.crypt)