Re: For Paulo (and anyone else bored enough)

Earl_Colby_Pottinger <earlcolby.pottinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Oct 25, 7:32 am, Paulo Marques <pmarq...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I actually was planning on not making more than one post every couple of
weeks (I only made 2 posts like that so far and there were much more
posts from adacrypt), so that newcomers could figure out quickly that
the posts don't contain valuable information.

But I don't have a strong opinion about it, and you're not the first
person to say that I shouldn't do it, so I'll stop it now.

I see nothing wrong with you posting once a week, biweekly, monthly
just to point out that he is a kook who will try moving the goalposts
rather than do a honest test of his system.

Particularly if the goal is to get into people's killfiles. That's
a great way to go about it, ensuring there's no signal in any posts.

Phil
-- Dennis Ritchie (1941-2011), Unix Co-Creator

  • Re: Hank Aaron = Seamus
    ... New user makes several innocuous, on-topic posts. ... This whole Seamus mythology, whatever its origin, is now having exactly one identifiable effect: to drive away most new users from this newsgroup, many of whom seem like they could have been useful contributors had they been left in peace. ... One signature of That Guy, apart from the, is to ... It is, oddly enough, pretty common for newcomers to post and say ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Apologising for ones ancestors
    ... You would do well to attempt to analyse your own posts in terms of: ... "Collective decision" - not used or inferred by anyone ... And many of us who are relative newcomers have been able quickly to make ... much of his/her behaviour on this list/newsgroup. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • 0 Invitation and Information for Newcomers 0
    ... Invitation and Information for Newcomers 0 ... unmoderated group where posts about anything may be made by anyone. ... AMFRI is moderated--meaning that spam and inflammatory posts from ... If the link doesn't work or if you do not see the group in your news groups ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: How about a new newsgroup?
    ... propaganda posts a day. ... would get identified by their responses to one of the "maven"-marked ... horrendously vengeful trolls. ... private club where all newcomers are ignored. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Free space weirdness
    ... users that aren't CH (and getting wary of newcomers just means he's won). ... I've gone through his posts and there's a certain theme ... iPod killer, coming zune. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)