Re: The Most Profound Distillation of the Feedack from Modern Cyptography.

On 11-09-22 11:36 AM, Prof Craver wrote:

All he's saying is that mathematically impossible encryption will
remain mathematically impossible as long as digital computers are
digital.

Ah. So he is pointing out that computers must represent numbers using
finite representations. Therefore all numbers that computers use are
countable.

Technically that's a true statement.

Indeed, but he seems to see this as a problem (and presumably thinks
that he has a solution to the "problem").

I wonder, if he really wants to magically expand to truly using real
numbers, whether that would also include non-computable numbers.

Cheers,

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg http://goldmark.org/jeff/
I rarely read HTML or poorly quoting posts