Re: Secret sharing in “Protecting Secret Keys with Personal Entropy”

On Aug 28, 5:19 pm, g...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Rose) wrote:
Nothing. In fact there was code around about 15 years
that did it. I appear to have lost the reference though.

Actually, I myself programmed it maybe 5 years ago. Unlike most of
crypto, it's quite trivial, and there's not much what could go wrong
(and all potential problem can be covered by tests).

I just wondered why people like Bruce Schneier bother with describing
such a workaround (simple but quite lengthy) instead of doing it the
easy way.

  • modify instance variable in a method mixed in from external module
    ... I have this gem of a parser that does: ... def parse_data data ... Why can't we have something like C++ reference, ... calling method, changes will be lost. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Curiosity Corner #250: Swastikas on stamps.
    ... The reference to the work of the historian Dr. Rex Curry is interesting. ... below is a wikipedia reference to the work of the historian Dr. Rex Curry at ... And regarding the Matt Crypto reference: Matt Crypto is an individual very ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: My Absolute Reference Frame
    ... dt'/dc appears a solution while the solver tests always. ... Which reference frame appears the constant! ... A lack of knwledge of the single reference on ... An analogy to lost reference. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • My Absolute Reference Frame
    ... dt'/dc appears a solution while the solver tests always. ... Which reference frame appears the constant! ... A lack of knwledge of the single reference on ... An analogy to lost reference. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: C++ 101 dumb question
    ... In a copy constructor I merely have to duplicate the handle in the src. ... Does comparing Crypto objects to each other make sense? ... (Reference operator)" which link to each other. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)