Re: Why hasn't NTRU gained more penetration?

On Aug 12, 2:57 pm, amzoti <amz...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was looking at a recent posting regarding updated NTRU code and decided to look at the algorithm a bit closer.

I am not a big fan of the quantum ideologues claiming that quantum will end RSA and ECC, but was intrigued by the key size arguments.

Why has NTRU not made similar progress as ECC (that is a total guess on my side, but I just don't see the same market acceptance of NTRU)?

Is it a function of cost, complexity, patents or something else?

Thanks

1 It has sometimes failed to decrypt correctly.
2 Few people have studied it compared to RSA.
3 Nobody will pay me to study it.
4 No PROOF of degree of security is claimed.
5 There are so many other jobs to do with more benefit, like getting
people to use good passwords.
6 Immunity to quantum computers is not important in this century. Try
again in 2111.

  • Re: Quantum slip - Quantum conspiracy
    ... RSA and DH are done in by Shor's algorithm. ... So you can look on ECC as slightly more vulnerable ... As far as NTRU goes, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Public Key Encryption: The Weakest Link
    ... we'll call this the RSA number because they are the most likely ... going that close to the line with ECC, and you'll find that in anything I ... 256-bit ECC key should cover a 128-bit symm, I'd still recommend 512 though ... NTRU, I honestly haven't kept up on it, the constraints I work in very often ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Why hasnt NTRU gained more penetration?
    ... I am not a big fan of the quantum ideologues claiming that quantum will end RSA and ECC, but was intrigued by the key size arguments. ... Why has NTRU not made similar progress as ECC? ... quantum algorithm that makes solving NTRU trivial. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Why hasnt NTRU gained more penetration?
    ... I am not a big fan of the quantum ideologues claiming that quantum will end RSA and ECC, but was intrigued by the key size arguments. ... Why has NTRU not made similar progress as ECC? ... quantum algorithm that makes solving NTRU trivial. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: First quantum byte!
    ... > http://bitconjurer.org/simple_public_key.html subject to attack by quantum ... > computers like RSA and elliptic curves are? ...
    (sci.crypt)