Re: Sorry for the uninteresting (AES) question.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:16:07, David Eather <eather@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/08/2011 9:41 PM, tom st denis wrote:
On Aug 7, 9:16 am, David Eather<eat...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry for the uninteresting question.

Does anyone have some source code (C, Java or BASIC) for AES with
minimal RAM utilization (and if I'm really lucky - intended for an 8 bit
machine)?

Microchip removed the source code for AN953 and the wayback machine
can't help.

TIA

David Eather

Shouldn't be that hard to cook it up. It'll be crazy slow by
comparison but if you're running it on an 8-bitter than 32-bit tables
won't help anyways I guess. Why not give it a stab yourself?

I wouldn't trust myself. The brain if often...fuzzy (that's a safe
word)...like when I asked the question. I had googled but couldn't find
anything but applications and link farms - the temporary cognitive
difficulty prevented me from realising I hadn't used the best terms and
the same memory impairment stopped me from remembering that "Blind
Anagram" did a lot of work on source code. I remembered that stuff
yesterday and now have his (BG's) 8-bit code in "C" so all is well -
except for the speed thing but you can't have it all.

Thank you for having mercy on me - sometimes I do need help and any
communication helps.

you might think about an interface between your 8-biter
and a smart card ($5) Smart cards are very fast at AES
and can keep your keys in a secure manner.

  • Re: Sorry for the uninteresting (AES) question.
    ... Microchip removed the source code for AN953 and the wayback machine ... and a smart card Smart cards are very fast at AES ... Well before that any smart attacker will look elsewhere in the system for weakness. ... For this thing attacking the hardware will make no economic sense and adding a smart card does not solve any problem. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Sorry for the uninteresting (AES) question.
    ... Microchip removed the source code for AN953 and the wayback machine ... and a smart card Smart cards are very fast at AES ... more serious problem than the merits of any algorithm. ... economic sense and adding a smart card does not solve any problem. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Sorry for the uninteresting (AES) question.
    ... Microchip removed the source code for AN953 and the wayback machine ... and a smart card Smart cards are very fast at AES ... The most common use for these things will be as embedded controllers in ... economic sense and adding a smart card does not solve any problem. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Sorry for the uninteresting (AES) question.
    ... Microchip removed the source code for AN953 and the wayback machine ... the same memory impairment stopped me from remembering that "Blind ... and a smart card Smart cards are very fast at AES ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Is encrypting twice much more secure?
    ... The OP wants to put out there the source code for his program he is ... the lawyer can give his customers the keys and they can get the ... he wants to triple encrypt to make sure that his ... Are you talking about triple AES? ...
    (sci.crypt)