Re: A revision of my text stego scheme

On 11-05-24 4:33 AM, Mok-Kong Shen wrote:

No. I am saying that the fun part of writing that code would be
outweighed by the tedious part. Also this isn't a scheme I'm
particularly inclined to develop, so I would write the code for fun
only. If I want a steganographic system, I will look at what has already
been developed by people who are much smarter than I am.

If I understand right, at least you personally don't consider it
fun to write software code for the stego scheme with hash. Neither do
I, particularly because what jbriggs444 wrote hithertofore is in
my (personal) view not yet detailed enough as a good specification for
coding (among others, what kind of interactions (guidance etc.) with
the user should there be?) That's why I think that very clearly the
best is that the inventor of the scheme presents his code for people
of the group to examine and evaluate.

You do not understand correctly. But I am not capable of explaining any
better than I already have.

Just as writing that code for you would be more tedious than fun, this
conversation has also reached that point.

Jeffrey Goldberg
I rarely read HTML or poorly quoting posts
Reply-To address is valid

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How are passwords stored with "What is the Nth character of your password?"?
    ... I offer some speculation about how they came to adopt such scheme. ... the caller may be overheard. ... They had computerized both the circulation system and the catalog, but it never needed to occur to them that now with computers the two would be more useful if they were combined. ... But, hey, it was a fun exercise. ...
  • Re: Beyond CL?
    ... (apply fun args) already has the problem because fun could be bound to a symbol whose symbol-function would be called. ... then I realized that a notion of symbol-function doesn't exist in Scheme. ...
  • Re: When did The Grateful Dead band members stop having fun?
    ... How do you gauge the answer to this question? ... I guess the fun factor ... would be taken out of the scheme of things when touring became a ...
  • Re: Western Extension Scrapped [Congestion Charging]
    ... The current scheme stays until 2010, for legal reasons, by the way. ... Could be a fun couple of years; I know several 'western extension' people ...
  • Re: 4-level image compression ?
    ... I have my doubts as to how well the coding scheme used by JPEG-LS will ... work with 2bpp images. ... scheme, but it is sounding like it is using rice-coding for the residuals. ... 2-bits per item with 2-bpp input means no compression, or worse, inflation. ...