Re: Zimmermann develops new secure VoIP software

On May 12, 8:55 am, Stuart Barkley <stua...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 5 May 2011 at 17:56 -0000, Mok-Kong Shen wrote:

I haven't seen anyone else mention this.  zfone was discussed here
many years ago.  It isn't particularily new, maybe just newly

This web site is lacking significant dates, but mostly looks like a
typical nearly dead product.  The dates I do see are:

* The copyright at the bottom of each page is 2006 (probably a

* The News page points to various things from 2005 to 2009.  Nothing
more recent.

* On the download page "This new 22 Mar 2009 version" seems to be the
latest version and is still beta.

* RFC 6189 is dated April 2011 and mentioned on the site.  This does
indicate some background activity going on.

I do like the idea of zfone and wish it had worked out better and
that standard (or zfone encrupted) SIP had actually taken off.  Skype
just has a horrible security model (AFAIK it is just "trust us").

Maybe it can still recover ("I'm not dead").

Stuart Barkley
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone

I got curious I found stuff like

Zfone 0.9.0 Build 265

on the net so tried to install it on windows 7

what a night mare it did something bad to machine

had to reload to a previous save point to get the

machine to run again. So I think even installing

it is full of bugs. I think I will wait till a

new version comes out. But it my be a dead product.

Nice idea maybe the government but pressure on him

to drop it since it does seem like a good idea.

David A. Scott
My Crypto code old version
My Compression code
**TO EMAIL ME drop the roman "five" **
made in the above text. For all I know I might be drugged.
As a famous person once said "any cryptograhic
system is only as strong as its weakest link"