Re: Good job what about making SKYPE better?

On May 6, 5:26 am, Tom St Denis <t...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 5, 5:56 pm, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://zfoneproject.com/

It doesn't use certs it uses DH with a hash you're supposed to read
out to "defeat" MITM attacks.

In otherwords, Phil Zimmerman doesn't understand public key
cryptography.

Again.

Actually after looking at Zfone info it appears Phil Zimmerman does
understand public key crypto. But does attacking him make you feel
more important. If you think its so bad why don't you write your own
better version. You live in Canada so your not hampered by recent
unfair American laws that the US government does to prevent creative
US programmers from learning and practicing their trade.

Or is this free product in competition with something that the
company your working for and is still trying to develop and which will
not be free? Come on why do you seem to have it in for the guy. His
video talk was really good. And yes I have
thought about creating a new PGP that is more secure using bijective
compression
and encryption from BICOM but not sure one can do that in US any more.

I doubt if I will use it in near future since I don't use VOIP but I
do use free SKYPE and I found out at his site SKYPE voice may not be
that secure.

However if you have some high volume background noise. Like a DVD
movie or something would this make SKYPE more secure for voice? Please
someone comment!

David A. Scott
--
My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip

  • Re: Zimmermann develops new secure VoIP software
    ... out to "defeat" MITM attacks. ... In otherwords, Phil Zimmerman doesn't understand public key ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: S/KEY alternative
    ... Obvious ways with no public-key crypto in the javascript include: ... TLS ... Finally I don't see what the big deal is about public key. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: un-hashing to reveal pass phrase [was: crypto sms]
    ... >> In crypto a failure of one in a billion is way too high. ... In effect you have a safe within a safe within a safe ... >> data collection and implement a public key exchange. ... If you send an SMS, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Need simple lib for asymetric encryption
    ... I would like to encrypt some data with key1 and decrypt it again with key2. ... as 'public key' and to key2 as 'private key'. ... Public key crypto is abysmally slow. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: RSA Public key parsing from .NET
    ... Those little utilities come in very useful when trying to get crypto from various different APIs to interop properly. ... Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165 ... >I have updated the information on RSA public key usage in .NET: ... >now which decodes the most common public key encoding formats: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)