Re: Cyrillic PassWord Mirror Advice Wanted

Am 05.05.2011 17:29, schrieb Globemaker:

I do not want any randomness, but just a logically similar symbol for
26 letters of Latin (English).
Ignore A and B. Is C represented in Russian as Ш a reasonable
mapping or is C better to be mapped as something else?

C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Ш Д Е Ф Г Ч И Ј К Л М Н О П Ю Р С Т У Щ Ы Х З Ж

Should Z be mapped to Ж ?

I can see that G (gamma) maps well to Г (gamma), but I cannot know if
all 26 letters are reasonable substitutions. People who speak Russian
may be able to recommend about 10 corrections for H I N Q S U V W Y
Z.

As far as I know, the librarians have a (or maybe 2) standard
transcription system to transform book titles etc. from Russian
to Latin characters. You may like to google for that.

M. K. Shen
.