Re: A Souvenir of Cryptography.

On Mar 25, 8:53 am, Globemaker <alanfolms...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 25, 3:33 am, adacrypt <austin.oby...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 25, 12:13 am, rossum <rossu...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:57:01 -0700 (PDT), adacrypt

<austin.oby...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have
spent the past 12 years approximately defending it against detractors
in sci crypt who haven't a hope in hell of ever understanding it.

Have a look at the thread "hash function Shahaha".  The OP, Rade,
proposed a hash function and described it by posting a short C
program.  That description was immediately understandable and Rade is
getting some valuable feedback including examples of breaks in his
hash.

You do not post any short C programs.  You post a great deal of
imprecise verbiage.  If you want us to understand vector cryptography
then post a short C program.  C++, Java or, in a pinch, Pascal/Delphi
will do as well.

You already understand Vector cryptography.  Your job is to transfer
that understanding to us.  You can best do this with a short C program
which will allow us to a) input a plaintext and a key giving the
cyphertext and b) input the cyphertext and the same key giving the
original plaintext back again.  Use Rade's hash program as an example
if you want.  His method obviously worked.  Yours has not.  I am sure
you are intelligent enough to learn from his example.

rossum

Hi Rossum,

I am replying to you out of regard for past exchanges - This crypto is
well implemented on my website and it has been used by at least one
person (Globemaker) who I think will vouch for the fact that it does
run easily when used as you suggest.  It requires a bit of effort to
load the compiler and run the program test files but it can be done by
anybody interested enough.

You can best do this with a short C program
which will allow us to a) input a plaintext and a key giving the
cyphertext and b) input the cyphertext and the same key giving the
original plaintext back again.  Use Rade's hash program as an example
if you want.  His method obviously worked.  Yours has not.  I am sure
you are intelligent enough to learn from his example.

I went straight into Ada for this cryptography - Understanding the
cryptography is more to do with understanding the vector model than
being expert in the the programming language.  The download does
exactly as you say - ask Globemaker if he can confirm this - there is
a version "Real Time Email Direct" that enables straight key-in
operation -

A lot of effort has gone into making this down load available.  I
reckon I've done enough, the rest is down to readers having enough
interest to use it.

Regards - adacrypt

No I cannot vouch for the software. I downloaded it and it worked only
for a small file size. It failed to encrypt a 10 megabyte file when it
produced a 3 kilobyte ciphertext. My report of evaluating your stuff
says:

"The encryption scheme of Adacrypt is no longer being evaluated
(6/25/2010), due to a change of heart by adacrypt (7/11/2010). The
designer of the Vector Cipher 2 has notified Popular Cryptography
Magazine that his algorithms are not ready to be evaluated during the
Summer of 2010 and that he will do more work before any of his crypto
algorithms are ready for evaluation. A new algorithm will be chosen
for evaluation in the Fall 2010 issue."

seehttp://popularcryptography.blogspot.com/p/evaluation-of-cryptographic....

But the new Spring Issue 2011 of Popular Cryptography Magazine has an
article about The Legend Of Adacrypt
seehttp://popcryspri11.blogspot.com/

One article is on Indentation Steganography.- Hide quoted text -

"The encryption scheme of Adacrypt is no longer being evaluated
(6/25/2010), due to a change of heart by adacrypt (7/11/2010). The
designer of the Vector Cipher 2 has notified Popular Cryptography
Magazine that his algorithms are not ready to be evaluated during the
Summer of 2010 and that he will do more work before any of his crypto
algorithms are ready for evaluation. A new algorithm will be chosen
for evaluation in the Fall 2010 issue."

I have seen that comment before and was a bit perturbed by it because
it is not true at home - I won't be doing anything to fix it since it
is not broken - this is one of the drawbacks of working remotely -

I would never go public with something that doesn't deliver all the
way - in any case this is not a flaw in the cipher but something to be
corrected (if it persists at your end) in the source code or the
hardware - these latter are obviously much more easily managed than
the crypto so I'm not too concerned - there seems to a dearth of
feedback from other people who might confirm that occurence in their
downloads - have a good day - nice and sunny here today in Liverpool -
of course you have that every day where you are

- Cheers - adacrypt

PS - I am always suspicious of sourcecode that has been transported by
email - any comment?

  • Re: A Souvenir of Cryptography.
    ... in sci crypt who haven't a hope in hell of ever understanding it. ... proposed a hash function and described it by posting a short C ... I went straight into Ada for this cryptography - Understanding the ... algorithms are ready for evaluation. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A Souvenir of Cryptography.
    ... in sci crypt who haven't a hope in hell of ever understanding it. ... Have a look at the thread "hash function Shahaha". ... You already understand Vector cryptography. ... cyphertext and b) input the cyphertext and the same key giving the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Putting the Record Straight.
    ... It was only when other readers in sci crypt took me to task recently ... theoretically unbreakable cryptography that this writer came to ... realize the hole that exists in our separate understanding of what ... The writer has delivered on this very important piece of mathematics ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: My Open Letter.
    ... beginnings in cryptography but being able to shelve ... to keep posting. ... your reply to the guy asking about hash functions. ... how can we find out what the NSA is up to? ...
    (sci.crypt)