Re: A Souvenir of Cryptography.

On Mar 25, 12:13 am, rossum <rossu...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:57:01 -0700 (PDT), adacrypt

<austin.oby...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have
spent the past 12 years approximately defending it against detractors
in sci crypt who haven't a hope in hell of ever understanding it.

Have a look at the thread "hash function Shahaha".  The OP, Rade,
proposed a hash function and described it by posting a short C
program.  That description was immediately understandable and Rade is
getting some valuable feedback including examples of breaks in his
hash.

You do not post any short C programs.  You post a great deal of
imprecise verbiage.  If you want us to understand vector cryptography
then post a short C program.  C++, Java or, in a pinch, Pascal/Delphi
will do as well.

You already understand Vector cryptography.  Your job is to transfer
that understanding to us.  You can best do this with a short C program
which will allow us to a) input a plaintext and a key giving the
cyphertext and b) input the cyphertext and the same key giving the
original plaintext back again.  Use Rade's hash program as an example
if you want.  His method obviously worked.  Yours has not.  I am sure
you are intelligent enough to learn from his example.

rossum

Unless your'e interested in Vector Cryptography for intellectual
reasons you should give it a miss and instead go for the "Spanning"
cryptography that I am promoting also. This cryptography is almost
embarrassing in its simplicity and is technically more efficient
(smaller ciphertext) than the other. It is very suitable for writing
in any of the languages that you are already proficient in. Spanning
cryptoraphy laughs at mathematics which appeals to me a lot. - the
algorithm is self evident from the download in this case also - I
can't do much more to facilitate readers than I have - I only deal in
unbreakable cryptography so either one of these is ok - Good luck with
whatever you decide - adacrypt

  • Re: creating a key from a password
    ... As a rule, if you are new to cryptography, you should be very cautious ... So what you need is a hash function. ... you may use an encryption function as some sort of substitute. ... -- This usage of a block cipher is not likely to have been as thoroughly ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A Souvenir of Cryptography.
    ... in sci crypt who haven't a hope in hell of ever understanding it. ... proposed a hash function and described it by posting a short C ... cryptography is more to do with understanding the vector model than ... algorithms are ready for evaluation. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Constructing a random permutation on the fly
    ... This question is not really about cryptography, but it has a cryptographyish flavour, so i thought i'd ask it here. ... i would like to avoid having to store great big lists of numbers if at all possible. ... It ensure the hash function behaves like a random number generator. ... Otherwise, if the hash function hit a fixed point it would then output a never ending stream of identical numbers, which is not a behavior expected of a random number generator. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A Souvenir of Cryptography.
    ... in sci crypt who haven't a hope in hell of ever understanding it. ... proposed a hash function and described it by posting a short C ... I went straight into Ada for this cryptography - Understanding the ... algorithms are ready for evaluation. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Job Finished - Adacrypt
    ... the mathematics of the RSA cipher and are able to make a side by side ... Your vector cryptography is private-key. ... current ciphers and will come to the fore if ever required. ...
    (sci.crypt)