Re: Adacrypt Email & Secure Data Storage Encryptions.

This is not free software by any definition of the word ?free?. I am

Congratulations, you have just announced the availability of a
download that no one can legally use. Regardless of what's *in*
the download (presuming it's some kind of software), you didn't
give them a license to use it. And it's sort of worthless if you
don't let them give a copy of the flash drive to a friend so they
can communicate, which is something that doesn't automatically
happen even if you did give them a license to use it.

Since you claim it's not free software by *any* definition of the
word free, how much are you charging for it?

the sole copyright owner.

That situation is common with open-source software that hasn't (yet)
become a collaborative work of many authors.

This download offer will exist over a time-
span window that may be discontinued without notice.

You didn't say anything about the continued right of people who
download the software to continue using it.

  • Re: Answer of Request to AdaCore on licensing Status of GtkAda 2.4.0
    ... confirmed very explicitly to me that any files downloaded from the CVS ... the license you get. ... So it seems that for most of the libraries I get a pure GPL if I download ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Answer of Request to AdaCore on licensing Status of GtkAda 2.4.0
    ... The answers I have managed to get from Adacore are quite different from ... They think all the license statements in the packages accurately reflect ... As for what license you get when you download a library separately: ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Copyright laws and downloading music.
    ... the owner of the copyright has not licensed it for download, ... And what exactly is this fee and to whom is it paid and how? ... I could not because I had no license. ... At itunes I can get the same album, ...
    (misc.legal)
  • Re: XP Key Authentication disabled Office 2003
    ... > Yesterday I downloaded this update from Microsoft's Download ... > where I had go through authenticating my XP Pro SP2 ... > Office 2003 license. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Product Key doesnt working
    ... original purchased key did not unlock the trial software you downloaded. ... Do a search on Microsoft's web site for "medialess license" (put quotes ... purchased from Microsoft directly with a backup CD purchased from Microsoft. ... download from MS web site. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)