Re: How to detect RSA keys that are weak?

Prof Craver wrote:

On Dec 1, 2:32 pm, Pubkeybreaker <pubkeybrea...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Trust has to exist SOMEWHERE in order to use crypto software. And by
somewhere I mean somewhere external to one's self.

After all, the whole point of public-key cryptography is to
communicate with another person. If we trust nobody, then why send
confidential information to another person?

This may not be entirely accurate anymore; for example we know that fully
homomorphic encryption is possible (Gentry), if a bit slow, and that
involves public key crypto but not actually sending confidential information
to anyone (at least with the current technology; secret key FHE might also
be possible).

-- B
.