Re: How to detect RSA keys that are weak?

Prof Craver wrote:

On Dec 1, 2:32 pm, Pubkeybreaker <pubkeybrea...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Trust has to exist SOMEWHERE in order to use crypto software. And by
somewhere I mean somewhere external to one's self.

After all, the whole point of public-key cryptography is to
communicate with another person. If we trust nobody, then why send
confidential information to another person?

This may not be entirely accurate anymore; for example we know that fully
homomorphic encryption is possible (Gentry), if a bit slow, and that
involves public key crypto but not actually sending confidential information
to anyone (at least with the current technology; secret key FHE might also
be possible).

-- B

  • Re: How to detect RSA keys that are weak?
    ... If you don't trust software vendors you have three options. ... find for almost all of the algorithms you can find in FIPS-140 or IEEE ... Both weak crypto and strong crypto can produce output that is ... it is to have the source code, especially for the key generation ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to detect RSA keys that are weak?
    ... If you don't trust software vendors you have three options. ... Both weak crypto and strong crypto can produce output that is ... it is to have the source code, especially for the key generation ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to detect RSA keys that are weak?
    ... Using RSA, for example, how hard would ... If you don't trust software vendors you have three options. ... I doubt whether its design is open source. ... Both weak crypto and strong crypto can produce output that is ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: OT: Microsoft does it again?!
    ... I am using outlook 2003 with VeriSign certificates. ... commercial crypto products would be on-topic here. ... much you can trust a crypto system. ... how unbreakable an algorithm is if you can't trust that the program ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Secure Data & Communication Project
    ... why bother with the OTP in the first place? ... > tremendously or require you to trust a crypto algorithm. ...
    (sci.crypt)