Re: Truly Trulymail

1. Where is the source code? It would be nice if we could see what you mean
when you say "strong key encryption."

TrulyMail is not open-source (at least not at this time). Accordingly,
our source code is not available to the public. If you would like to
audit our source code, we would be happy to show you some key parts of
it if you are ever in Santiago.

For us, strong-key means 4096-bit keys. That's quite a bit higher than
what is offered by PGP and others.

2. Why should we use this when we can already send encrypted email, and when
we have been doing so for a long time now?

If you have a system you like, keep using it. We feel there are plenty
of users who do not encrypt now who should and will, if we make it
easy enough for them.

What exactly does your software
bring to the table, and why should we sacrifice compatibility with existing
cryptosystems?

While we think we bring a lot to the table (see our features page on
our website: http://trulymail.com/Features.aspx) we also understand
that there are users who prefer to stick to the systems they already
know.

You have a choice. We think we are a great choice but it all depends
on your needs.

  • Re: Encrypted software backups?
    ... The more you spread it around, ... I'd encrypt the source code before distributing copies of it to ... Although good encryption would minimize the ... copies among friends and relatives. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Truly Trulymail
    ... when you say "strong key encryption." ... TrulyMail is not open-source. ... our source code is not available to the public. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • US crypto export regs (was Re: Use of Debian For Non-Profits)
    ... We're trying to find a version of Linux that we could ... > current encryption. ... is subject to an express agreement for the payment of a license fee ... from the compiling of such source code is also eligible for License ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: U.S. export laws on SSH/SSL?
    ... >]> Notifying the BXA that you provide encryption source code can be done ... these loose regulations only apply to freely available source ... regular basis to restrict encryption even further, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] JavaScript exploits via source code disclosure
    ... If your JS is liking server source code then your whole system is seriously ... Strong authentication and encryption using SSL. ... or to leak him a copy of the session key. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)