Re: Truly Trulymail

1. Where is the source code?  It would be nice if we could see what you mean
when you say "strong key encryption."

TrulyMail is not open-source (at least not at this time) so our source
code is not viewable by the public. If you would like to audit our
source code, we can arrange to meet you at our office in Santiago and
show it to you. Strong key, in our case, is 4096 bit keys which is
quite a bit stronger than what is offered by PGP and GPG.

2. Why should we use this when we can already send encrypted email, and when
we have been doing so for a long time now?

If you have an encryption system that works for you than keep using
it. We are not trying to take business away from users of existing
encryption systems. We believe there is plenty of business in getting
users who do not encrypt to start encrypting. That said, we do offer
many things that other systems do not (automatic receipts, a spam-
free, invitation-based system, etc.).

What exactly does your software
bring to the table, and why should we sacrifice compatibility with existing
cryptosystems?

Again, if you are happy with what you have, then you should keep using
it. While we do think we offer a better solution than other providers
(TrulyMail was built from the ground up with the intention of fixing
the various problems with email like the lack of delivery
notifications, spam, etc.) there are other providers out there and we
have great respect for them.

There are really two things to consider here. The TrulyMail Client
which is a client for both email and TrulyMail messages. It also
supports many things that other clients do not (voice messages,
reading message contents to you aloud, blocking of some remote images
while letting others through, etc.). Besides the client are the
TrulyMail services such as private, encrypted messages through our own
private messaging network. We will soon be offering new (paid)
TrulyMail services which we believe many of our users will be happy to
make use of.

You might feel that we don't offer any TrulyMail services that
interest you but perhaps our TrulyMail Client (free) does.

The choice is yours and we think that's a good thing.

  • Re: Truly Trulymail
    ... when you say "strong key encryption." ... TrulyMail is not open-source. ... our source code is not available to the public. ...
    (sci.crypt)