Re: [long] C code of PEARL1, a block encryption algorithm emphasising simplicity

Tran Ngoc Duong wrote:

The all-zero string is then "encrypted" into all-zero string. It looks
like that it is easily distinguishable from a random function. That's
not good.

Thank you very much for this valuable comment. I really need an xor
before the matrix multiplication. I'll correct this in version 1.1.

The forthcoming PEARL2 will have block chaining (within the framework
of authentication), where for each block 4 more PRN will also be used
in the chaining values. This would take care of this problem.

M. K. Shen

.