Re: General factoring result for k^m = q mod N

On 13/06/2010 15:36, JSH wrote:
On Jun 13, 3:21 am, Mark Murray<w.h.o...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/06/2010 03:27, JSH wrote:
> Yet I'm the one who found it, over 200 years since Gauss introduced
> "mod" in 1801.

1) Chinese remainder theorem.

2) Modular exponentiation.

Interesting, chased the link to Wikipedia for modular exponentiation
and that got me to wondering my result could be used to find e.

But your extensive "research" never got you to

3) Discrete logarithm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrete_logarithm

Given c = b^e mod m, where c, b and m are known, yeah, it seems to me
that is should, potentially, maybe be possible using my result to
figure out e. But maybe not. I decided to stop thinking on it after
a point. Kind of overwhelming. So the rest may not be valid, but I
have to toss it out there anyway for national security reasons, as the
"unknown" is not good. It's bad.

Cool. Well guess that breaks something in encryption. NSA should
start looking for a new method, fast.

Not until you tell them how to factor fast enough.

Mark "No Nickname" Murray
Notable nebbish, extreme generalist.
.