Re: decrypt openssl aes-256

pk wrote:

Mr. B wrote:

file has extension: filename.tar.enc
How to decrypt? Password known.

Good luck with that one. There are no publicly known ciphertext only
attacks on AES aside from a brute force search, so without the secret key
you are simply out of luck.

Er, isn't he saying "Password known"?

Yeah, I misread that. In that case, he should just use openssl to decrypt
it. Or any other AES implementation.

-- B

Relevant Pages

  • Re: White-Box Cryptography
    ... If you give me a whitebox implementation of AES ... >> WAES encryption and the key WK), then I can do AES decryption under the ... >let you have K, which means you cannot decrypt. ... With the published constructions, if you give ...
  • Re: Compression and crypto
    ... I try to decrypted it using AES or RIJNDAEL ... This occurs after the compression. ... combinations would the 128 bit fixed block decrypt to ...
  • Re: AES-256 encryption
    ... (I assume you are attacking the algorithm not ... The algorithm is the wrong attack here. ... If you are looking to compromise a crypto system using AES, ... Is there any way to decrypt a file which is AES-256 encrypted? ...
  • Re: Designing a secure message format
    ... which would be used to decrypt a message header, ... additional information needed to decrypt the body of the message. ... initialization vectors for a series of pseudo random streams spawned ... Given that you will have 3DES and/or AES available, ...
  • Re: encrypt / decrypt string with SHA512
    ... If you want to encrypt data and decrypt it later, look at AES or DES ...