Re: Criticism of a proposed stream cipher requested.

Francois Grieu <fgrieu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I suspect that there might be ways to trade abundance of known
plaintext against less time and/or memory; or perhaps a much more
devastating attack. But I fail to pinpoint that right now.

Isn't this a trivial linear algebra problem? Let K1...K100 be the
unknown key bits. Let P1...P100 be the known plaintext. Let C1,C2....
be the ciphertext. Let Si,j be the j'th bit of the square root of i.
So

Cn = K1*S1,n + K2*S2,n + ... + K100*S100,n + Pn

where the multiplication is in GF(2). Solve simultaneous equations to
get K. Am I misunderstanding the question and/or overlooking something
silly?

  • Re: Placing zeros in front of a number ?
    ... We are talking about a scripting language, ... But you haven't defined what the environments in question are. ... You are arguing that writing code that can fail is justified because there ... consume more memory as the intermediate values can be constructed lazily. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Errors locking offscreen surface if application heap is large
    ... whats the memory map for the machines, ... > few different memory configs, and a few different graphics card configs, and ... >> In these conditions I see calls to Lock a plain offscrreen surface fail ...
  • Re: Possible Bug in mincore or mmap
    ... kernels fail one instance of the mincore01 tests: ... to fail as it is asking for memory information 5 times what should be ... It shouldn't be a security problem if mincore doesn't actually ... it appears the mmap function is allowing read access ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2.2/2.4/2.6 VMs: do malloc() ever return NULL?
    ... mallocwill never fail as long as there ... > malloc() can return NULL. ... It returns NULL if it fails to allocate memory. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [OT]Re: malloc
    ... Since malloc fails gracefully, ... Not *all* typical desktops perform the same; ISTR that FreeBSD ... Memory allocation on FreeBSD can STILL fail: ...
    (comp.lang.c)