Re: Antispam strategies

Bill Gates actually suggested this at one point.

However, nearly all spam is now sent from virus-infected machines, as
ISPs tolerant of spam quickly find themselves blocked these days.

To prevent the victim of an infected machine from owing vast sums of
money, we could design modems so that whenever you sent an E-mail, you
had to push a button on the modem to let it through. Then the fee
wouldn't even be needed. This is sort of like an idea I had for
defeating dialers - have phone modems have a telephone dial, and
require one to manually dial when starting a connection.

John Savard
.