Re: What do I need to know to design a cryptosystem?

All,

Thanks for all the great replies. I think I can figure out which
advice is worth trusting, and which may not be; I like to think I have
enough math training to be able to look for red flags. E.g., from
what I've heard "the crypto scene" is not really a disaster. That
said, I appreciate the time that everyone who took the time to respond
to my post--even the time of those whose advice I may take with a few
grains of salt. :)

I will start looking at the links provided shortly.

Thanks so much again!

Best,
Phil
.