Re: length of pw
- From: Phoenix <ribeiroalvo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:00:13 -0800 (PST)
On 1 Mar, 14:35, Ertugrul Söylemez <e...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, and also note that increasing the length of a password has much
greater effect than increasing the size of the alphabet.
In exhaustive search, increasing the length of a password has the same
effect than increasing the size of the alphabet.
64^8 is the sane as 256^6
A 64 letter alphabet and pw_length=8, is the same as an 256 letter
alphabet and pw_length=6
Paulo Marques, thanks for your great posts.
WTF? 5 seconds to try 62 passwords? You're either joking or you know
nothing about cryptography (which I think you've made pretty clear
Nice, nobody noted that, included me.
- Prev by Date: Re: Generic Crypto APIs ?
- Next by Date: Re: My BLT
- Previous by thread: Re: length of pw
- Next by thread: Re: length of pw