Re: Very new to GPG, two questions.

Sal <here@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi, complete noob here. I have a dual boot system, Windows/Linux, on
which I generated my GPG key pair in Windows....

comp.security.pgp is a better place to ask GPG questions; sci.crypt is
supposedly mostly about crypto algorithms, research, etc. But I'll try.

Two questions:
1. What do I need to do so that I have the same level of trust on my
Linux public key as I had in the original Windows key?

Use gpg --edit-key to mark the key as ultimately trusted. Check the
docs for the exact method, I don't remember the specifics.

2. If I change the password on one of the (private) keys will I still
be able to decrypt messages encrypted with the with the other (public)
key?

Yes.
.