Re: Protecting the key in ram.

rossum wrote:
Mok-Kong Shen wrote:

When the key is read in, wouldn't it pass through RAM? If yes, wouldn't
there be a security issue, when programs of others are also running
on the machine? (Sorry for my layman's question.)

Read the key in two parts and XOR them inside the processor, that way
the actual key is only held inside the processor.

My point is whether it could be a security problem (due to presence of
some malicious processes, Trojan etc.) when something is read in,
since RAM is involved in reading, if I don't err. Whether the stuff is
read in in one shot or in two parts is secondary in my humble view.

M. K. Shen
.