Re: CryptoAnalysis Game4: Crack the attack plan ! (Solution !)

Skybuck Flying wrote:
How did you do it ? ;) :)

Easy: the "space" character is quite common and is the lowest ascii
character that you'll probably use. Taking the lowest values as meaning
the space character catching different key positions, you can deduce the
key size of 6.

If you write the characters in sequence with 6 characters per line, then
each column represents a different addition with a single character of
the key. The lowest number on each column represents "space", so just
subtract 0x20 to get the corresponding key character. I didn't actually
decrypt the message, but that would be trivial once I've found the key...

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

I have not yet begun to procrastinate

  • Re: Help needed with expletives
    ... suddenly discovering that it is a common denotational descriptor for ...  The generic negative meaning ... (or perhaps a character who fancied herself ... This thread began with a request for expletives and expletives are ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: The Yeoman - a PC-quality Commoner (long)
    ... So make him a druid 9 or a ranger 9 then. ... doesn't have powers out of line for a common man, ... Any character that's balanced ... >>> weapons, light armour, large and small shields and one martial weapon. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: {kjd-tad}{echelon} A Bit About Echelon
    ... think the talents are still an important part of the character, ... I like having the clear separate between the common folk (0-level, ... A starting first-level character isn't supposed to be that badass ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Its a komodo dragon day (10 March)
    ... it wasn't a common name. ... Too bad there was soon after a soap opera character or whatever named "Tyler" that screwed up that plan. ... When I go looking for my son on the Internet, it seems like every high school football team has a "Tyler Harris" on it. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Java sockets and readLine
    ... >>> see the next character. ... > versions of Java were not implemented this way. ... It was quite common to ... > see server software written that did a readLine() on a socket that ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)