Re: Is encrypting twice much more secure?

People need to separate what feels good to what actually is good.  And
there are in fact good reasons not to homebrew a multi-cipher solution
up yourself.  So all in all it's better to stick to known usage models
and/or protocols.

You're obviously not smart enough to be a cryptographer.

AES is horribly weak. I personally use a 32 round fiestel with an f-
function comprising two random 32x32 bit permuations, mixed with a
PHT. The round keys are chosen entirely at random. This eliminates the
need for those pesky key schedules, which seem to be the source of so
many breaks.

In a world with ubiquitous, cheap RAM. Why would I settle for these
inferior ciphers with such a clear algebraic structure?

.