Re: Modification on AES

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:24:26 -0800, adacrypt wrote:
Because it is breakable by brute forcing I am
not prepared to spend a lot of time studying it at home.

Did you say AES is breakable by brute force? Maybe you misread your

"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand."-Frank Herbert

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Modification on AES
    ... not prepared to spend a lot of time studying it at home. ... Maybe you misread your ... AES is breakable by 'brute force'. ...
  • Re: Triple AES (3AES)
    ... > the universe implodes, even if it ran at 1 trillion counts per second. ... > Let's not talk about brute-forcing AES. ... A computing machine powerful enough to brute force AES ... You would need about 3.34E24 1GHz Pentium-like processors to search ...
  • Re: RFC: backporting GEOM to the 4.x branch
    ... I said that it requires less steps to brute force the entire ... disk not just some parts of the filesystem. ... take to brute force 256 bit AES. ... I am not against adding complexity, ...
  • Re: What data is encoded?
    ... it simplifies a brute force attack. ... applications unless for backwards compatibility. ... For new applications the standard recommendations are AES for ... AES: ...
  • Re: Cryptology ePrint Archive: AES seems weak - comments?
    ... coffin. ... break 256-bit AES more efficiently than by brute force, ... certain unknown quantity, conjectured to be less than 10, is actually ...