Re: Modification on AES

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:24:26 -0800, adacrypt wrote:
Because it is breakable by brute forcing I am
not prepared to spend a lot of time studying it at home.

Did you say AES is breakable by brute force? Maybe you misread your
information.

--
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand."-Frank Herbert

  • Re: Modification on AES
    ... not prepared to spend a lot of time studying it at home. ... Maybe you misread your ... AES is breakable by 'brute force'. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Triple AES (3AES)
    ... > the universe implodes, even if it ran at 1 trillion counts per second. ... > Let's not talk about brute-forcing AES. ... A computing machine powerful enough to brute force AES ... You would need about 3.34E24 1GHz Pentium-like processors to search ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: RFC: backporting GEOM to the 4.x branch
    ... I said that it requires less steps to brute force the entire ... disk not just some parts of the filesystem. ... take to brute force 256 bit AES. ... I am not against adding complexity, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: What data is encoded?
    ... it simplifies a brute force attack. ... applications unless for backwards compatibility. ... For new applications the standard recommendations are AES for ... AES: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Cryptology ePrint Archive: AES seems weak - comments?
    ... coffin. ... break 256-bit AES more efficiently than by brute force, ... certain unknown quantity, conjectured to be less than 10, is actually ...
    (sci.crypt)