Re: Modification on AES

On Dec 24, 8:34 am, McDohl:
The two major concerns of AES is its weak key schedule and its algebraic
simplicity, correct?

No. There are higher level concerns than the algorithm. For example,
why would people with secrets want the efficiency of AES rather than
the security of a "LONG KEY CRYPTOSYSTEM"? Rijndael was chosen as the
best of class, where the class was a collection of 12 efficient
algorithms. All candidates were prohibited from creating a standard
algorithm using key lengths that reflect the state of the art of
semiconductor hardware. We can call that "key schedule weakness" by
using the most liberal interpretation of your first question.

I'm no expert, but would replacing rijndaels key
schedule & s-box with something like blowfishes method help?

Yes, it would help, in some dimension. This incremental "help" is not
as practical as the vast benefits from using a long key algorithm like
scott19u.zip

  • Re: Organizing data for readability and efficiency
    ... same as choosing a good algorithm. ... benchmark to see where the bottleneckare. ... implementation in a lower level language for efficiency. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Systolic array architectures
    ... >>>systolic array would warrant a less bandwidth efficient, ... That's not efficiency, that's cost. ... > Using your example of an adder, I have a algorithm where it is possible ... > whether a non- systolic implementation has major drawbacks. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: RNG translation
    ... What is the source of this algorithm? ... This algorithm does not translate well into VBA. ... Its efficiency depends ... VBA does not support an Unsigned Long data type, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Yet Another Factoring Algorithm (yafa)
    ... It's 1-stage Pollard P-1 made slightly less efficient. ... I went looking for the working of the Pollard algorithm and you ... The loss of efficiency is due to the clumsy way the ... assuming this is much more likely for small primes is also a natural ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Version Control Design
    ... > I am concerned with the efficiency of this method. ... But getting that algorithm into SQL Server... ... and suggest that you store a complete version each time. ... Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)