Re: generating a random six digit number
- From: Khurram <ontrac2hack@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:59:52 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 7, 2:40 pm, Maaartin <grajc...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 7, 6:58 pm, Khurram <ontrac2h...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey guys I am trying to generate a random six digit number and am
Do you mean true random or just pseudorandom based on a seed?
wondering what options do I have. MD5 and SHa-1 are some just some
ways to do it. but nevertheless, I am curious on other ideas...alas if
For true random you need something else. For pseudorandom you can use
a hash (even broken ones like MD5 or SHA-1 will do), but you need its
input to be kept secret.
the output is a six digit decimal then its not very secure. Any brute
force attack code crack it.
It depends, My banking PIN is only four digits, can you crack it?
Sure, 10,000 possibilities is nothing, but all banks consider it
You can break it, but only with a probability of 0.0003 as you have
only three tries.
This is a case where bruteforcing doesn't make much sense.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
For better advice you should tell us what you need it for.
I am not sure if i need true or psuedo. but i have told you what i
need it for. hope this helps.
- Prev by Date: Re: generating a random six digit number
- Next by Date: Re: generating a random six digit number
- Previous by thread: Re: generating a random six digit number
- Next by thread: Re: generating a random six digit number