Re: generating a random six digit number

On Dec 7, 12:58 pm, Khurram <ontrac2h...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey guys I am trying to generate a random six digit number and am
wondering what options do I have. MD5 and SHa-1 are some just some
ways to do it. but nevertheless, I am curious on other ideas...alas if
the output is a six digit decimal then its not very secure. Any brute
force attack code crack it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
khurram

Hey thanks for your advice. I am pretty to all this security stuff and
I have to come up with a random six digit SPC code (mobil phones).
Any guides or direction in coming up with the algorithm would be most
appreciated.
So, any useful links and tests would be helpful as well

thanks,
khurram
.