Re: Use of simple schemes

Another scheme that is also (theoretically) very simple but faírly
expensive in computing is, I suppose, Hill's scheme employing matrices.
Now the Hill cipher is said to be weak in textbooks because, if the
matrix is n*n and one has n^2 units of corresponding plain and cipher
text, then the matrix can be found and the whole thing broken. But one
could afford to use a good sufficiently fast PRNG to dynamically
generate as many matrices as needed, using even any one n*n matrix for
much less than n^2 units of plaintext, when the computing cost is low
and the speed is acceptable. This way, Hill's scheme would be
practically applicable (eventually as a component of a larger scheme)
in my humble view.

M. K. Shen

  • Re: Use of simple schemes
    ... expensive in computing is, I suppose, Hill's scheme employing matrices. ... Now the Hill cipher is said to be weak in textbooks because, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: i am looking for regular paid assiatance for a PHP expert!
    ... its the perfect scheme for the young clientbase that we have ... as computing or work in IT! ... online stores) the colour scheme stays. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Scheme interpreter in Basic? VBA?
    ... Rethink your goal. ... It's good that you know Scheme as a formalism ... that helps you think about computing but that doesn't mean that ... you *literally* need Scheme to do the job at hand. ...
    (comp.lang.scheme)
  • Use of simple schemes
    ... speed always tends to increase and the cost of hardware as a rule ... between computing cost and complexity of computing procedure employed. ... render Ritter's scheme to become viable in practical applications. ...
    (sci.crypt)