Re: JSH: My view on factoring problem situation

JSH <jstevh@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Nov 4, 11:12 pm, gordonb.ni...@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gordon Burditt) wrote:

[...]

Then how come none of your proofs mention the speed of the algorithm?

That's a fair question: surrogate factoring factors one number by
factoring another, so its "speed" is dependent both on the ability to
factor the surrogate as well as the efficacy of doing that
factorization.

So it does not analyze well with Big O notation.

So you can't even provide a bound?

If only there were some way to empirically get some idea of its
complexity...

[...]

  • Proper evaluation of surrogate factoring
    ... Surrogate factoring is just kind of a wild idea that means you have to ... I am being very serious here, modern mathematicians lie a lot. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: SF: Areas of confusion, infinity
    ... > notably the set of rationals. ... choosing any integer is the same as the probability of any other ... That's what make the factoring problem interesting, i.e., not ... > is naive with the surrogate factoring theorem. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • JSH: Results that are much more fun
    ... It's almost a relief now to have the results around residues as so ... used them with no success against the factoring problem. ... It's like taking over the definition of mathematical proof ... Ok, so I worked on surrogate factoring for years with little success, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Results that are much more fun
    ... used them with no success against the factoring problem. ... It's like taking over the definition of mathematical proof ... Ok, so I worked on surrogate factoring for years with little success, ... and found that I could solve quadratic residues mod p. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: What surrogate factoring theory now says
    ... Surrogate factoring theory says that you can turn factoring a hard ... once the engineering is figured out that is achievable. ... Mainly I just added one more congruence to the difference of squares. ...
    (sci.crypt)