Re: Design choice in LTC

Tom St Denis wrote:

If you think the API is that bad, go fix it yourself.

How could you possibly interpret a (very) minor objection to one function's
prototype as saying "I think the API is that bad" ?!

In fact, I very much appreciate the API, especially the (almost) consistent
error reporting (a la POSIX).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Connecting to the Internet
    ... Most VB API books don't mention it. ... > in the other newsgroups would have the answers for you. ... > I hope you don't mind me saying you have "missed the boat". ... > It is very common for people to ask for clarification, ...
  • Re: copymemory basic question
    ... I think you are saying the same thing that the author is saying except with ... > If CopyMemory is used properly then there is no character set translation ... It's a generic API for moving amorphous memory, ... if any ANSI conversion is being done then it's because ...
  • Re: [2.6 patch] drivers/mmc/core/: make 4 functions static
    ... Adrian Bunk wrote: ... If mmc_start_requestis considered part of an API people should ... why isn't there a prototype in a header file? ...
  • Re: Automatic Logon after resuming from Hibernation
    ... I was just saying that it is the reg.key that gets modified by the command line utility or by the API I mentioned above :-) ...
  • Re: why are GOTOs not used ...
    ... function's prototype is its API. ... This is not true of the goto construct. ... a lot of global variables. ...