Re: ECC in Botan?

My protocol already allows multiple versions, but I'm hoping that I
never need to update it. That's why I'm choosing enormous key-sizes.
My goal is for the protocol to be safe for the next 50 years, taking
exception to the fact that a Quantum Computer may be developed
during that time span, which will most likely make both AES and RSA
worthless.

I don't think that any currently unbroken cryptosystem can manage that
feat. =(

Regardless, I'd like to point you to my own efforts in designing a
flexible crypto library. It's hosted here:

http://libcatid.googlepages.com

For the protocols it provides, see this description:

http://catid.org/dump/tunnel.pdf

Most of the work is done. I mainly have to port it to MacOS and
PS3/XBOX/PSP, and I also need to spend some long evenings making sure
that the curves that I use don't have any weaknesses and fixing them
if needed...

Right now I'm the only developer on this project, but if you want to
help out we can talk.. Just Email mrcatid@xxxxxxxxx

http://catid.org

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.95 Beta 3
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

  • MY BARAK AND VILNAY ARE GOING THIS MOMMENT TO POLYGRAPH UNDER G TEAMS AND REAL NEW SYSTEM PERSONAL T
    ... THIS IS A G INQUIRY SAFE AND LEGAL WORK AND NO PERSON OR SYSTEM ON ... AS PROTOCOL FROM THIS MOMENT ANY AND ABSOLUTE ANY ... ICC TRIBUNALS TIKET TO AT LEAST INFINITE TIME IN JAIL OR MORE BY LAW ... IREVERSIBLE BY NO PERSON ON THE PLANET ...
    (soc.culture.israel)
  • Re: Is open sourcing a good idea?
    ... >> license stuff as open source, you can't reasonably expect people to ... I called the protocol ... does the developer who was paid to create the thing (whom I talked to at ... project manager is the ability to communicate with the managers of the ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: [9fans] 9P vs. FUSE
    ... lines of a new set of extensions supporting all Linux VFS operations ... *without* changing the existing 9p2000 protocol by using conventions ... functionality or other such tricks (the exception was the idea of how ... to group messages, which unfortunately nemo seems to have discarded ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: Gramps and grumps on location
    ... data depends on whether GEDCOM recognizes the data. ... This poses a dilemma for the S/W developer: ... But Program A having private extensions which are NOT universally ... The relevant word on Bob's post was *protocol*. ...
    (soc.genealogy.methods)
  • Re: Paintshop and Corel
    ... In article, Tony Cooper wrote: ... What developer were you talking to when you said: ... but she's not a developer of backup systems as ... that is NOT him adding his protocol to the developers protocol (whatever ...
    (rec.photo.digital)