Re: ECC in Botan?

"Ertugrul Söylemez" <es@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:h72ulp$bm5$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
George Orwell schrieb:
Why do you need RSA-4096? Why are RSA-2048 or RSA-1536 inadequate?

My goal is to create an encryption protocol whose strength is beyond
reproach and hopefully will never need a second version.

Then using RSA-4096 is the wrong way to go. What you want is not
extraordinarily large key sizes, but a flexible protocol, which can be
adapted to future needs.

My protocol already allows multiple versions, but I'm hoping that I
never need to update it. That's why I'm choosing enormous key-sizes. My
goal is for the protocol to be safe for the next 50 years, taking
exception to the fact that a Quantum Computer may be developed during
that time span, which will most likely make both AES and RSA worthless.

https://www.mixmaster.it

.