Re: 3DES key generation

On Aug 10, 3:24 pm, andrew smith <gisionlin...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am new to cryptography and have a few questions. I am looking at
writing a system that will generate a 3DES key on the server and pass
it to a service to encrypt a message.

There will be multiple clients that will receive the encrypted
messages and will request the key to decrypt the messages from the
server. Once the key has been passed to a client, it will then decrypt
the message. Does anyone know what the best way to achieve this will
be? Does anyone have any code snippets or links to articles?

Use public key cryptography?

"generating a 3des key" really just means pick 24 random bytes. Most
implementations ignore the parity bits.

Tom

  • Re: Encrypted and Decrypted Conn String Programatically
    ... aspnet_regiis....something about copying the keys to the remote server. ... I have a question about encrypting connection strings in an asp.net 2.0 ... I need to programatically encrypt and decrypt the conn string because I ...
  • Re: Encrypted and Decrypted Conn String Programatically
    ... aspnet_regiis....something about copying the keys to the remote server. ... I have a question about encrypting connection strings in an asp.net 2.0 ... I need to programatically encrypt and decrypt the conn string because I ...
  • Re: Event ID 6032
    ... see who is the recovery agent by opening the properties of an encrypted file ... decrypt the files by reversing the process in which you encrypted them. ... to encrypt, you should just be able to un-click the box to decrypt. ... and import the recovery agent certificate from the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CAPI and RC4: can not decrypt when Final parameter is set to F
    ... What i meant by "it won't work" when the server only decrypts ... Then i was using CryptEncrypt to encrypt the data in the client application ... and CryptDecrypt to decrypt it in the server application. ... Descriptor objects having a different HCRYPTKEY key handle even though they ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Decrypting GPG/PGP email messages
    ... have a Python program sitting on this server, ... The GPG module created by ... anybody know of a tutorial or a guide that explains how to encrypt (with ... Thunderbird/Enigmail) and decrypt the files ...
    (comp.lang.python)