Re: Elliptic curves

mm <nowhere@net> wrote:
a écrit :
Let me quote what you wrote: "All we need is a group whose order
is difficult to compute (except to the one who built this group)."
This is wrong. To prove this, I gave an example where you can compute
roots without using the group order.

Let me elaborate on the example:

In 1984, it was hard to compute the number of points on an elliptic curve.
If we believe you, an RSA-variant using elliptic curves over finite
fields would have been secure in 1984.

No. When I was talking of the order of a group based on an EC, I was not
talking of an EC over a finite field.

I know, we all know about elliptic curves over rings.

If you can't be bothered reading what I write, I won't bother writing.

--
Kristian Gjøsteen

  • Re: Number of elliptic curves over finite fields
    ... elliptic curves of orders 3 to 13 over the finite field F7 is given as ... I think that the OP was asking for the exact "mirror symmetry" of the ... with trace 1 accounts for the "mirror curves" in that case. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: about point multiplication on elliptic curves
    ... I have one question about point multiplication on elliptic curves. ... calculating the group order is almost certainly harder ... let's set so double the killer delete select all. ... -- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Number of elliptic curves over finite fields
    ... elliptic curves of orders 3 to 13 over the finite field F7 is given as ... There is a theorem by Deuring which says that the distribution follows ... But I do not understand how replacing y^2 with g*y^2 changes the order of a curve in the desired way. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Number of elliptic curves over finite fields
    ... Rolf Bardeli wrote: ... elliptic curves of orders 3 to 13 over the finite field F7 is given as ... What is known about the sequence of orders for finite fields Fp in ...
    (sci.math)
  • Program
    ... Helloy everybody, ... Can someone help me with a programm which determine normal forms of ... elliptic curves over a finite field of characteristic 2 and different ...
    (sci.crypt)