Re: Elliptic curves

On Aug 6, 1:57�pm, mm <nowhere@net> wrote:
�a �crit :

No. When I was talking of the order of a group based on an EC, I was not
talking of an EC over a finite field.

So it is over an infinite field. Q?

Look up "torsion group".

Now, all points except those in the torsion group (max order 12)
have INFINITE order.

In my 2nd post to E. S�ylemez, I wrote

|With a curve E(A,B)/N, N being the product of two "big" different
|primes, the order is not easy to compute (but we can build such a curve
|with a known order when we know the factorization of N).

I thought it made it clear that the computations are done with the curve
E(A,B)/N where N is not a prime.

E(A,B) mod N where N is composite does not even form an
Elliptic Curve.

  • Re: Torsion of an Elliptic Curve?
    ... > curve whose torsion is isomorphic to the given group? ... Consequently any finite subgroup of the torsion group ... is isomorphic to Z/mZ x Z/nZ for some m and n. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Torsion definitions for curves and space
    ... however I wondered if torsion definition on ... with torsion in Euclidian space (where connections can vanish or are ... curve with torsion is tangent to it. ... these local coordinates in n+1 should have symmetrical connections, ...
    (sci.math.research)
  • Re: Discrete Curvature and Torsion for 3D-poly line
    ... appreciable amount of noise or inaccuracy. ... deteriorate again since it may cover too large a scope of curve variation. ... curvature and torsion in their exact form require differentiation with respect ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Discrete Curvature and Torsion for 3D-poly line
    ... Curve, and then I'll compare different curves with each ... an approximate curvature ... and the binormal direction to it. ... approximate torsion. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • curvature and torsion on surfaces
    ... Please find curvature and torsion on ... a helicoid ... An example of the former is curve of Viviani drawn on a sphere surface ...
    (sci.math)