Re: Q: password generation

rossum <rossum48@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I sometimes use a system of regular capitalisation across the
phrase, for example:

tramP kilLs stOat aFter Seven

xxxxX xxxXx xxXxx xXxxx Xxxxx

That makes it easier to remember where the capital letters go,
though it does reduce the entropy somewhat compared to random
capitalisation.

After having told us that, the entropy added is zero. ;)

And you believed me? :)

At least I'll consider it when breaking your passwords. =)

Seriously: Your method adds very little, because there aren't many
such regular patterns.

Agreed. I have sixteen patterns, eight patterns and the equivalent
eight antipatterns, so they add just four bits.

And they are inconvenient to type anyway.

Greets,
Ertugrul.

http://blog.ertes.de/