Re: Prng Alvo

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 03:30:45 +0100, Ben Bacarisse
<ben.usenet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sadly, sci.math is almost unusable at the moment -- swamped by crank
posts (though is has been worse!).
Yes, JSH has not posted for a few days. I enjoy reading his posts in
a schadenfreude sort of way.

rossum

  • Re: The internet: has it become a wasteland?
    ... been reading books (mostly history but some economics and ... newsgroups posts and reading newsgroup posts, ... I dont think I miss much. ... There is a limitless amount of idiots in the world...and only ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: OT: PING Don Bowey
    ... I've been reading your posts - informative and clear, ... Beyond that, a President with any courage, intelligence and leadership ... is that no one Party is responsible for the mess ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: The internet: has it become a wasteland?
    ... been reading books (mostly history but some economics and ... newsgroups posts and reading newsgroup posts, ... days trial...then kill file them... ... There is a limitless amount of idiots in the world...and only ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: The internet: has it become a wasteland?
    ... For many years now, I've been reading books and newspapers and when I think what that reading does for me and then think what I get out of newsgroups posts and reading newsgroup posts, here is my conclusion: i) I learn much more from my own reading of printed material than from reading newsgroup posts, and ii) reading which stimulates me to respond to posts is mostly entertaining to me and slightly educational. ... on how damned good globalization is for the USA [but let's not acknowledge that its even better for India] and more recently involving with a wide diversity of ideas of his that I think are mostly bunk) have stimulated me ... Most of the media are controlled by "big buck interests" and there is so much confusion out there, in a society that has become vastly more complex (because of the net, and blogs), that its pretty hard to get an important and significant message into the ears and brains of enough people. ...
    (sci.research.careers)