Re: Skype encryption still not broken?

I don't buy it. Since eBay bought Skype several years ago the NSA will almost certainly put in a couple of trinkets to allow them to break the encryption. And the idea that Skype keeps altering their encryption to hinder the spooks sounds incredulous to me.

Skype doesnt work with Zphone, not good enough.

--
Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com

  • Re: EU group aims to eavesdrop on Skype calls
    ... The EU's judicial coordination group says criminals are increasingly ... EU group aims to eavesdrop on Skype calls ... peer-to-peer architecture and encryption techniques, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • EU group aims to eavesdrop on Skype calls
    ... EU group aims to eavesdrop on Skype calls ... The EU's judicial coordination group says criminals are increasingly ... peer-to-peer architecture and encryption techniques, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Mobile voice cryptography
    ... There are certain software products that use 3G package ... I think Skype can get ... The solution you are looking for pretty well has to be VOIP with encryption, as mobile operators don't pass voice bits in the right ... If you are working in regions where there is only analogue telephone service, or in a situation where only analogue telephone lines can be used, the situation may be different - but I don't know of any suppliers of systems which will do that securely. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Skype chat encryption with OTR
    ... concerned about the lacks of and end-to-end message encryption system (a ... plug-in for skype). ... #1 Get and install Adium (I suggest portable adium in a separated ... #2 Get and install Skype plug-in for Adium ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Skype Use May Make Eavesdropping Passe
    ... Skype Use May Make Eavesdropping Passe ... By PETER SVENSSON, AP Technology Writer ... Skype, the Internet calling service recently acquired by eBay Inc., ... if Skype's encryption is weaker than ...
    (soc.retirement)