Re: JSH: Have proof, now what?

On Feb 13, 6:23 am, gjedwards <gjedwa...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13 Feb, 01:11, JSH <jst...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 12, 3:08 am, gjedwards <gjedwa...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11 Feb, 05:57, Tim Peters <tim....@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[JSH, puts me in my place again]

... [blah blah blah blah blah blah blah] ...

to punk you.

I'm not your victim psychopath.

You're mine.

As I said, it's obvious to everyone who reads you that your mental state
gets worse as time goes on.  I'm not sure why you're determined to prove
that, but suit yourself.

You have no power at all, James.  Certainly none over me -- and I'm afraid
none over yourself either.  You'll finish your miserable life the same way
it's gone for the last decade, ranting and raging in impotent frustration.

That's what living in fantasies will do to you.  You think because they're
/your/ fantasies they're benign?  LOL -- look at what this has done to you
already.  It doesn't get better from here, either.  It gets worse.

Sadly James, Tim is right. You've gotta stop seeing these suggestions
about seeing a doctor as personal attacks. Your internet persona is a
horrible man, but I bet there's a decent guy in there somewhere. You
can get better.

Key phrase: "internet persona"

I am totally happy to admit my own struggles with debilitating anxiety
as a young adult. It really doesn't bother me if people want to
describe that condition as 'insane' or whatever else, it's only words..
I got better with help, and managed to enjoy life. Mental health
problems are nothing to be ashamed of and there's help out there.

Worth a try, no? Think about it this way - go tell the whole story to
a health professional, agree to work to their advice for a few months,
and if, at the end of that, you don't see things differently, then
maybe you can conclude there REALLY is a worldwide conspiracy of
mathematicians. You can't lose.

What makes you think I've never told this story to health
professionals?

Your own medical credentials?  Or your common sense notions?

I'm a reasonably wealthy man, and I've stated on this newsgroup and I
stick by it that I'll pay your first $1000 of fees. Contact me by
email off this newsgroup and I can arrange this.

Oh that explains your arrogance--your perception of your own wealth.

I post about my amateur math musings.  I feel certain I am correct in
places where people claim I'm not, or established mathematicians
ignore me.  That does not make me crazy.

In the face of outright hostility, nasty people who often say nasty
things, I say things that are often not so nice in reply.

That does not make me insane.

At the end of the day, I know why I do what I do.  I like playing at
mathematics, and admit I am an amateur.  I have corrected journals
more than once when they insist on calling me Dr. so I know I'm not
trying to say I'm something I am not.  I note that I am NOT a
mathematician.

Now then, who are you?  Do you even do any mathematics?  Or just give
people health advice on newsgroups?

What do you do?  How did you get that "wealth" you so gladly said you
have?

James Harris

If you're already getting professional help that's good ( you might
want to try a different one though ).

I didn't say I was and that last crack was clearly an insult.

Your intent is clearly to inflict harm--you are just choosing
emotional tools.

I sell technology businesses. Its mostly luck so no amount of wealth
is anything to be proud of, nor is the lack of it anything to be
ashamed of. I mentioned it so you realise the offer is serious (i.e. I
can actually afford $1000 on a stranger ).

Is that buy and sell technology businesses? Otherwise are you saying
you start them yourself?

There is a big difference.

Are you a software developer or just some management guy?

James Harris

  • Re: JSH: Have proof, now what?
    ... a health professional, agree to work to their advice for a few months, ... Oh that explains your arrogance--your perception of your own wealth. ... places where people claim I'm not, or established mathematicians ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How to show that r-squared is not the be all and end all?
    ... I work for an investment company and we have a mutual fund that invests in ... Lots of mathematicians work on Wall Street, and, in case ... show what I said is pure nonsense, you need to at least assert ... This newsgroup is in the latter category for me. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Welcome
    ... Welcome to sci.math.research, a moderated newsgroup. ... online resources of interest to research mathematicians ... when writing a posting, then you should indeed be embarrassed. ... count on the moderator to reject any particular posting. ...
    (sci.math.research)