DES avalanche citation
- From: dpm <sdrain9@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:31:45 -0800 (PST)
You see in numerous places this statement: "Changing 1 bit in the
plaintext affects 34 bits in the ciphertext on average.
A 1-bit change in the key affects 35 bits in the ciphertext on
Can anyone point me to an authoritative document (say, from ANSI or
FIPS) that verifies this statement?
- Prev by Date: Chaining random permutations
- Next by Date: Re: JSH, when is this "Internet buzz" supposed to start?
- Previous by thread: Chaining random permutations
- Next by thread: Re: DES avalanche citation