Re: fast arm9 cipher?

David Eather <eather@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Scream, Pike or a cut down version of Blowfish (lots of room to play
there) would all seem like good matches to your hardware (granted a
bit heavy on the RAM or ROM)

Thanks, I didn't know about Scream, and it look intriguing. I wonder
if it has patent issues, since I think SEAL was patented. I thought
of Pike as better suited to hardware implementation. Blowfish's S-box
probably needs too much ram for this purpose, given the random access
pattern. The target platform has enough ram for the S-box but the
Arm9's on-chip caches are quite small, and lots of cache misses would
make performance suffer.

  • Re: Problems with IE after clean Install of Win XP & SP2
    ... I think hardware check may be my next step. ... The system is a Dell Dimension 8600, 232 GB hard drive, 1GB ram. ... Memory performace seems fine - Commit figures (Total=315 MG and Peak ... I* have only loaded Avast antivirus and MS Office 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: When people say Leopard is problematic...
    ... Why am I removing Kingston Brand ECC registered SDRAM while it passes the every RAM test available on Mac scene? ... Therotically, even if it is broken, it will keep working, that is why we pay extra price for ECC and ECC supporting machines/mainboards. ... is why we use high end Apple workstations. ... So, "NO", it is NOT a hardware issue, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Hardware upgrades
    ... The underlying reason for improving my hardware is to run the latest ... I'm thinking of upgrading the hardware. ... what makes you thing more RAM will improve ... It means that you don't have a separate video card, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Ram Card Design Help
    ... a programs space, and create a sized space in ram for an application. ... the system page an interupt was forced (in hardware) ... It's a small system model not an attempt ot make a Z80 into a VAX. ... they also support page faults and the like. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Server stops responding
    ... And you might want to run a RAM tester and/or a utility that will ... but it sure looks like hardware as you suggest. ... but he's considering a whole new server anyway and is holding off. ... I'm not used to SBS doing bad things and not telling ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)