Re: Random Number Help
- From: Bryan Olson <fakeaddress@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:37:08 -0800
Bryan Olson wrote:You could spend your career on the randomness problem, but I gather you'd prefer to take what's available and get on with your work. On popular *nix systems you can read quality random bytes from /dev/rand. Microsoft Windows offers crypto-quality randomness from a crypto API call that I can never remember.
The WinAPI call is CryptGenRandom or if using .NET then it is wrapped
Thanks. I figured someone else might do the heavy lifting.
This same question comes up over and over. I intend to do better the next time it arises, but I'm pretty lazy, so chances are I won't.
- Prev by Date: Re: Random Number Help
- Next by Date: Re: universal constants in cryptography?
- Previous by thread: Re: Random Number Help
- Next by thread: Re: Random Number Help