Re: AES as pseudo-hashing algorithm

Marc Ruef wrote:
I suspect the user might be able to generate weak keys

Hmm, not likely. One of the things of AES is that it has no weak keys. That's a DES property, one that needed serious fixing - and now with AES it seems to have been fixed.

Maarten

  • Re: Impact of IDEAs weak keys
    ... > probability of key leakage by a flipped bit resulting from background ... Use AES. ... IDEA also has these weak keys - we have quite a few designs that don't ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Crypto Mini-FAQ
    ... > or AES. ... It is sometimes worthwhile to check that a user-chosen password ... > that your RNG is satisfactory for cryptographic purposes. ... DES has weak keys. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: So why dont we use full disk encryption on all mobile devices?
    ... hmm, all i said that compusec was a excellent product but it only ... Most of the government agencies, ... require you to use 256 AES. ... What version of Compusec did you benchmark? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Crypto Mini-FAQ
    ... >> or AES. ... DES has weak keys, but there is no need to avoid them. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Randomness using computers
    ... AES doesn't have weak keys. ... block ciphers with weak keys which have had widespread use are IDEA and ... Blowfish. ...
    (sci.crypt)