Re: The Modernised ASCII-Modulated One-Time Pad Cipher.

In message <fb2d5993-ba6c-40d5-8366-7f1bd5f3c355@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, WTShaw <lurens1@xxxxxxxxx> writes
On Sep 19, 9:42 am, Richard Herring <junk@[]> wrote:
In message
austin.oby...@xxxxxxxxxxx writes

>In the new OTP called “A Modernised One-Time Pad Cipher”
>the permutation space is 14250 (factorial) strong – a vast number, the
>key length is 14250 which means a message length of between 1 and
>14250 characters long can be achieved.

Wow. So I can encrypt a single image from my digital camera in less than
150 messages.  And I can send an entire DVD in less than a third of a
million messages.

Richard Herring

Please don't quote signatures.

One size fits all usually doesn't. With no real approval of the
crypto method under discussion here, I defend the text oriented
emphasis of some such programs.

Why? Lack of generality implies unnecessary structure which may help an attacker.

A few choice words, or even one, can
change the world...and has.

Non sequitur.

Richard Herring

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Word count of minimum vocabulary
    ... Richard Herring wrote: ... If you call them "characters" it's no harder to type, ... "I have sworn eternal vigilance against the tyranny of ..." ...
  • Re: here you can bash Magdalenian
    ... of expiring time, ... And as for the link to a table Richard Herring ... I found no signs on this table, just codes, ... You didn't take the trouble to move your eyes right to the next column of the table, confusingly headed "character", which shows the ACTUAL CHARACTERS? ...